Monday, January 2, 2012

33 ways to stay creative....

i borrowed this from the Orange Sink blog.....
i follow most of these guides already in my everyday need to be creative, definitely listen to music, in fact the more hard rock the better i sew, never watch t.v. find it too distracting unless i'm doing my handstitching....
drink coffee or tea, well i do agree with the caffiene part of this but my drink of choice is Diet Coke, in a glass with lots of ice, take a few sips get busy sewing, ice melts, pour it out and start all over with a new glass....
now i think you know that i definitely agree and follow #18 allow yourself to make mistakes only i take it a step further and leave them there! and #24 BreAK the RuLeS whenever you have the chance!
#32 is a must in all areas of everyday living  Have FuN!

now there are a couple i never follow or rarely....
clean your work place, occasionaly i do vacum the floor when cat hairs and threads get too much for me, a creative mess works better for me....
make lists  NoT a list maker, as in this morning decided, well really needed to go to the grocery store and get real food to cook instead of all the holiday sweets, leftovers and going out we've been eating....
but of course needed to make a list of new ingredients needed, forget to write or even bring and had to turn around go back home, make the list and drive back to the store....
thirdly the get off the computer one, that's really hard, now with Pintrest in my life!
 
stay creative  cheri

p.s. as for my New Year's Resolution was maybe going to be keep up with a few quilting blogs challenges, mini quilts, etc.    only Jan.2nd and i'm already behind, oh well, that's another one of my ways of staying creative "last minute quilting" i work well under pressure....

6 comments:

kelley said...

Have Fun is on the top of my list this year! Even before Make Do...

Happy New Year Cheri girl...

Cathy G. said...

Isn't that Pinterest a killer!? I just can't stay away!!
Good luck with the list!!
Cathy G

Kyle said...

Love the list. I'm tacking up a copy so I can be reminded.

Taryn said...

I rarely keep up with anything so when I do get a chance to quilt, blog read, etc., it's like a little surprise gift. I clean my sewing space like I do my office. When things get completely out of hand I get a box and sweep everyting into that and then set the box aside. Sometimes I revisit it and sometimes I don't.

Mary said...

13, 17, and 25 seem to work best for me. When I surround myself with people who don't value creativity, I seem to get stuck in a rut. Even my two year old grandson is more creative than a lot of adults I know!

TheCrankyCrow said...

Great list....I, too, have several on it that I already do - and some that I doubt I'll ever do - but if they stir creativity, it might be worth a go once in a bit....And my only resolution is to make no more resolutions. That way I won't be so disappointed and have to "beat myself up." Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin