Tuesday, August 31, 2010

rambling about me...

i thought that i would take a little time to just ramble....
can't spell very well, try to find the mistakes & am very unskilled with the computer ( better than i was, but still lacking alot of basic skills everybody but me knows)... use the computer now, but just recently got a Droid phone, my brain seems to understand it better for some reason... so i type my long ramblings on the computer but then need to take & post pictures using my phone... and only one at a time!   silly huh!
i do tea-dye all my fabrics before i ever sew with them.... it's just my thing, i know that it's going to wash out ( as i always wash quilts after quilting) and i'm going to have to redo... but i like the primitive look of it as i'm sewing....
live in Poway, Ca with my husband greg & a potbelly pig Tootsie, 2 rabbits Barrio & Jackson, a tortise named Neffertiti, 15 chickens, they do all have names!, 2 dogs Cowboy & Yokum and numerous cats who also have names....
between greg & i there are 7 grown children ( including spouses) and 5 gorgeous grandkids
am self taught quilter, love to just do my own thing not worry about right or wrong... i believe there is no wrong in quilting just different.... i want to enjoy my time not be frustrated... don't use or own a seam ripper!   i always have several projects going at once... tend to get bored with one so this i can always be
excited.... might have adult ADD, who knows... i just make it work!
tend to, always tend to, very rarely don't go for the dark fabrics.... my work is usually not the bright & sunny look.... not me... love the primitive!
but i strongly feel that quilting or with any art form it is all very personal and as long as you are loving what you've created that all that really matters.... beauty is in the eye of the beholder...
i do design quilts for me, every quilt is a part of who i am... when they speak to others that is a compliment.... when my designs inspire others that is spectacular.... take what was mine, make it what is you and love every minute creating it ....    wow!!!
             
     enjoy, cheri     now off to post the next soot&ashes block

3 comments:

Gayle said...

Cheri - I'm SO delighted to discover your blog! I've been a fan of your designs for ages and look forward to getting to 'know' you a bit better through your blog. I see that on my computer screen the pictures you've posted are very distorted - I wonder why? I'll check with my kid (the computer wiz)and see what he says. Welcome to blogland!

Jeanette said...

Thanks for the info! Do you have any other color suggestions for your soot and ashes blocks? I don't have any greys, although I have most prim colors. :-) Would browns work? (I just don't know if you are going to put any other colors with it). It's fun to get to know you better through your blog!!

Anonymous said...

I am so happy to see you are now blogging! I love all of your quilts, I think I have almost every single one of them, and am always watching for new ones. I love your style so much.