Sunday, January 23, 2011

Coors Rosebud



i am a collector of all sorts of finds that have struck my fancy over the years...this pottery collection was my first and most treasured...picked up the first rose colored plate in an antique shop in Utah about 1975, only $1, pretty and had a raised rosebud design, my middle name is Rose (a family handed down name) so i bought it...and the collection has grown alot over the years, it's not found very often so i get so excited, my heart races when i find a piece...greg has gotten me a few pieces off ebay but i love the surprise find the best...
it was made by the Coors beer co. to compete with Bauer & Fiesta...only produced for a few years prior to WW2, then stopped to produce creamic mortar & pestals for the war....
at this point i believe i have one piece of each style made except the honey pot spoon, so keep your eyes on the lookout for me..
last summer The Antique Roadshow came to San Diego to film, my oldest son, who wants to inherit the collection was really hoping i would make it on the show, but they felt i knew too much about what i had & they like to have that element of surprise but it was still a fun experience...the three shows taped in San Diego will start airing this monday so i'll be watching to see if me, greg, matthew or heather are maybe in the background cause none of us made it on the show....

3 comments:

WoolenSails said...

I do love your cabinet. We had a grocery store with a section for sitting and eating and it has a beautiful antique cabinet, wish It was for sale, lol.

Are you looking for just a spoon or the pot? I can keep an eye open, if i know what I am looking for. We have lots of antique thrifts here.

Debbie

cheri said...

thanks debbie, a spoon with honey pot would be amazing to have a matching set...i do have two honey pots, orange and blue...rarely, rarely do i find any pieces around here, mostly found on my travels elsewhere across the country...have only seen the spoon in a Coors Pottery book a friend found for me...

Kathy said...

I am looking for a home for my collection of Coors Rosebud. We are downsizing and I think it is time to find a new home for my collection. Any ideas of how to find someone interested in it. I have many pieces including honey pots, custard cups and other harder to find plus the usual plates, etc. I hate to think of putting it on Ebay
Kathy