Monday, May 9, 2011

this&that



a close up of Analisa's quilt....a very basic 4 patch, inspired by a quilt i saw at Road to California Quilt Show, which was all squares with applique circles but after finally getting 128 appliqued squares with flowers, princesses, cats, butterflies, cupcakes and other girlie things....i decided to add the pink check squares or grandma wouldn't get it finished in time, quilt patterns are never set in stone, can always make neccesary or creative changes....
i do work on the floor, my eyes/brain sees better this way...another little somewhat odd thing i do is step outside & look at the quilt through the window, i can totally see instantly what my urges are telling me needs changing....
by the way the primitive qiveaway for may is RED....the red background of my blog page must give the picture a purple cast, don't want anyone to be dissapointed when they receive a tea-dyed red quilt....
and Analisa has been called "lisa or lisie" since she was born but being in school they call her "Ananlisa" she has let us all know that is what she would prefer....so hard for grandma sometimes, in fact when all grandkids are together all names get mixed up all the time....my mom has done this for my sister & i for a long time, must be an inherited trait!!!
back to stitching....

3 comments:

Unknown said...

It is coming along wonderfully, very pretty!!

TheCrankyCrow said...

I think she's going to love it! (And I'm glad the giveaway quilt is red!!! YAY - that's exactly what I was hoping it would be cuz that's one of my favorite colors!) Too funny about the name thing - my mom goes through every name in the family before getting the right one. Lately, she sometimes just stops and asks....Have a great week! Smiles & Hugs, Robin

Kathy said...

I can relate! It's actually entertaining for the grandkids as I go through the list of names, hoping to hit the right one eventually!

Another Happy Dance quilt for one of your girly girls!