Friday, December 28, 2012

granny square block......



found the measurements that i used in making this block, here they are........
each block has one center square cut 2&1/4".....
four squares of second print cut 2&1/4"......
four 2&1/4" squares and eight 2&1/4" x 4" rectangles from third print.....
from black cut three 3&3/4" squares, cut diagonally twice for setting triangles and two 2&1/4" squares, cut diagonally once for corners.......





my quilt has a 3" cut wide black border....... and a scrap square border using 2&1/4" print squares and 3&3/4" squares, cut once diagonally from black....... print border cut 5" wide on three sides only......





enjoy piecing up your own........

posted from Bloggeroid

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stunning! I love the black background!

annie said...

that is just so pretty!

Jan said...

Thanks! Enjoying the close-up pics you've added.

Lesley said...

Your quilt is stunning! Love it and thank you for sharing the sizes!

Janet O. said...

Thanks for the instructions. Love it!!

paulette said...

Thank you SEW much, Cheri!! This is wonderful!! LOve the border!
P

Me and My Stitches said...

Love this! The black is the perfect fabric for this and I love the border too.

Shakerwood said...

Thanks bunches .... love the black background as well!

Gayle said...

All those colors just POP against the black background - I made this quilt using a tan background several months ago, but I might have to do it again with the black after seeing yours! LOL

Randy D. said...

I have been wanting to make this quilt forever. Thanks for posting the cutting instructions!

Kathy said...

Thank you Cheri! I loved this quilt when I saw it and looked forward to buying the pattern. Now I get to select another one too!

Kathy

Anonymous said...

Precioso , formidable.

marian said...

WOW this is gorgeous, Cheri..i love it!! cheers...Marian