Tuesday, September 21, 2010

jammies all day

yesterday started out with my normal routine of feeding all the animals, doing a load of laundry, finishing up orders to be sent out and such....went out to my sewing room to cut for a couple more soot&ashes blocks, to be sewn later and then I would shower and run to the post office....never happened, never left the room....one cut led another, led to well let me just lay out this, led to I'll quick sew these together and so on.....never got out of my jammies, combed my hair, might not have even brushed my teeth, but let me tell you the best day I've had in awhile my body and mind felt so refreshed and rejuvenated, like I'd be at a spa.....
following are a couple of pictures of what came together yesterday....got things laid out for Folkart Gathering block 4, worked on soot&ashes ( even a sneak peek of a row ) and laid out another block for Sofia's new big girl bed, it's bright and fun, grammy can do pink!
wish all you a refreshing fabric filled day, cheri

8 comments:

paulette said...

I would love to spend a day like that!! Ahhh better than a spa!! Glad you are enjoying life!!
Paulette

Jeanette said...

I agree, it's better than a spa! Sounds like alot of fun. I love how the first row of Soots and Ashes looks! Someone said on their blog that they heard that there were only 4 sections of the Folk Art quilt, is that true? Anyway, that looks great, too!

Shakerwood said...

Sounds like a just about perfect day to me. Now if I could get the rest of the family to cooperate!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fun way to spend a day :o) Soot and Ashes is really coming out nice! And I can't wait to see installment 4 on Folkart Gathering.

Nines said...

Dontcha just love rare days like that? Love the new blocks.

Kathy said...

Hi Cheri,
I'm new to your blog, but I am here to see your soot and ashes blocks. I made #1-3 and I'm back to study the directions better for the fourth block. I love the blacks and creams. I'll probably use the tea and coffee mixture to make mine look even more vintage. I'm having fun!

Anonymous said...

I am still going to try to get around to doing the Soot and Ashes blocks, but I have been having too much fun working on Folkart Gathering. I can't wait to see the next installment. I heard at one shop that it's going to be 4 sections but another that it's going to be more. Of course, we are all hoping it's more than 4, but it still a fabulous quilt!

Marilyn Robertson said...

I love jammie days! In fact I can hear one calling my name......