Tuesday, September 7, 2010

out for a saturday drive

saturday was Greg's birthday&ever since we've bought the Model T & now the Model A his favorite way to spend the weekend is toodling around&around, usually it's just my honeydo list and i go along for a ride every so often.... but it's his birthday so I said "let's take Henry's Lady on a road trip!"
we traveled up the the coast hwy., heck of alot cooler too!,stopping where & when it suited our fancy....
Solona Beach's Cedros Ave. was one of our favorite stops, I had to really restrict myself to mostly window shopping as the car doesn't have any trunk space....cute rumble seat though!
but I did find a pair of gently used cowgirl boots, they fit, I bought and said "wow! that's way out of my box"
and we or i had to have this red, my favorite, cubby, on sale.... perfect for some of my sewing needs! luckily it was the right size to ride along in the rumble seat....
stopped & checked out a teardrop trailer we saw for sale... looking for one for possibly longer trips...it had red fenders, how perfect is that!
stopped along the way at the Pizza Port so Greg & I could enjoy a microbrew....
we ended up making it all the way to Oceanside, furthest the Model A has been and back just as the day was ending.... good thing as we found out the headlights weren't working....
A specially good time spent with my special guy!

1 comment:

Lori said...

That sounds like a very nice day! Love the red cubby.