Wednesday, March 23, 2011

my brush with Elizabeth Taylor....



in April 1997 an issue of LIFE magazine had an article on Elizabeth Taylor as she was about to have brain surgery to remove a brain tumor...in the cover photo she laid in her hospital bed covered with a quilt that had been donated probably by a quilt or hospital group and it contained pieces of fabric that I had designed years before to my excitement....my brush with a famous movie star and I was pretty wowed by it....the news today of her passing brought back this fun memorie of how I somewhat touched Elizabeth Taylor...

7 comments:

Patty ♣ said...

Very Cool Cheri!!

Larkrise garden girl said...

Life is one big surprise Cheri, I loved her in the movie Giant. In her hey day she was so beautiful.All her help with her charities was inspiring!

MARCIE said...

That is a very exciting connection! I have none!

paulette said...

I love reading your blog...you just never know what your topic will be!! LOVE IT!! Thanks for making my day!
Paulette

Mary Ann said...

Isn't that something? Amazing!

Cheryl said...

What a great story! We never know who our creations will touch. Thanks for sharing!

Laela said...

I made that quilt. I was making a baby quilt for a friend. When I learned that my grandmother was going to hospital for brain tumor surgery, I made a quilt for her too. These were my first (thus far, only) quilts. It meant a lot to me that she took the quilt to hospital with her. I wanted it to feel like a loving embrace, and hope that it did.