Friday, November 26, 2010

New Thanksgiving Traditions......

this was a different Thanksgiving Day for all of us in the Payne, Saffiote, Moore, Gaudet families....we usually spend the day with all the family but this year it was brought up because their are so many of us, mostly from me & my kids & their kids, anyway we split the families of my mom and her sister, my aunt Sydney which was to begin with strange.... so Greg & I hosted which was my idea as his parents have both passed on this year and he always made their Thankgiving dinner, we delivered it spent some time there visiting then went on to my family's gathering....they were of course always invited but because of age and ailments didn't feel comfortable going with our very large group, so that was our way of being with both....and so I felt having the gathering at our house would keep him busy & cooking, which he loves to do..... everyone got to choose what to bring and since our normal was not anymore they choose different dishes, which was fun & my mom was excited because she didn't have to bake all the pies, got to take it easy.....still a very large group but my sister Barri Sue Gaudet from Bareroots, yes that's my sister incredible I know....she got a bruised ear drum last minute and couldn't drive down another difference never have had a Thanksgiving without her till now, sad but we kept going.....the feast was delicious and the family gathering was entertaining and a good time was had by all.....then as the day wore on into the evening Greg started the player piano going we don't use it much, mostly because it's always covered with photos and such but I had cleared all off for more room in the house and so he got to play it, so much fun we were all singing & dancing around the house.... a new Thanksgiving tradition was born!
a fitting glorious end to the day.....
hope that all of you enjoyed your Thanksgiving as much as we did..... 
then with my aunt & cousins we women of our families met for an after Thanksgiving breakfast followed by shopping at Home Goods, another new tradition.....change can be good
dishes are finally done, Greg & I unloaded the shed with all the Christmas decorations, so that is done, got a little stitching ready to go for tonight, warm & cozy by the fire....

make sure you check out Lynda's primitive santa pillow, the newest Home for the Holidays share....
                                      enjoy, cheri

No comments: