Saturday, February 18, 2012

guess what....



you guessed it, i locked my keys in my car, with a cart full of pet food, cleaning supplies and other much needed items from Walmart.....what to do?  hubby's out of town, do have a AAA card, but thought we really don't live that far.....so i took the cart back inside and started my hike home, the weather was warm & sunny, much too warm for my layers on, so i'm stripping as i'm walking, finally get home hot and exhausted, guzzle some water, grab the extra keys and drive back in a different car, load the groceries, drive home, unload, change clothes and hike back to get the original car, walk right past the car to the frozen yogurt shop and eat whatever calories i might have just walked off!!!  then drove to Sprouts to finish my shopping, home now, all unloaded and put away but i don't think i have the energy to walk to my sewing room, which is where i was supposed to be all day....try again tomorrow
p.s. i did look at my odometer on the drive back and it's 1.5 miles one way, pretty good hike today....

10 comments:

Libby said...

*argh* Frustrating for sure, but a good walk and frozen yogurt are not to be sneezed at.

Karen said...

I thought you were going to say that you found the car keys in your pocket after you walked home. What a day you have had!

Heather's Blog-o-rama said...

I'm glad you were ablet to use the extra keys to get back into your car. My dad and I each have a set of car keys, so if he loses his, then he can use mine. Have a great weekend. Love and hugs from the ocean shores of California, Heather :)

marie said...

My husband did the same thing on Wednesday. He was at the gun range about 25 miles from home, we share a vechile, my mind was racing how I was going to get my keys to him since I didn't even know how to get to the range (way out in the country), then he tells me that he is in town so only has to walk home and then walk back, about a 2 1/2 mile round trip which in nothing as he usually walks 3-4 miles a day.

annie said...

so sorry, but glad you had the other car & keys.

Susan At Glen Oaks Primitives said...

That's the worst thing, when you look inside a locked car and there are the keys, how about leaving them in the ignition with the car running and locked out? How many times my daughter did that I can't tell you.
I can't believe the running back and forth you did, bless you Cheri.
See you in the sewing room tomorrow.
Hugs,
Susan

WoolenSails said...

That sounds like something I would do, lol.
I have only done that once, and that was before I got a new car, so the new keys really help, since I have to beep to lock.

Debbie

Mary said...

I'm glad that at least you had decent weather. I hate the feeling, just as the door is about to close, that the keys are on the wrong side and it's locked.

Michelle said...

I am impressed! And you probably got back to the car with your keys faster than AAA would've made it to help you.

TheCrankyCrow said...

Hmmmmm.....I might even walk 1.5 miles for a frozen yogurt.....but not round trip. ;o) Glad you could see the sunny side of it. Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin