Tuesday, February 21, 2012

itty bitty hats.....



itty bitty hats by susan b. anderson is the name of the book i use when i want to knit the most adorable baby hats, it's a few years old but i've still seen it at Barnes & Noble....
p.s. i did cutting last night for an all day sew in but this is how my days have been going, not that i'm complaining.....
woke,did my usual morning feedings and cleanup, then off to drop off my daughter's cat back at her house, he's been staying with us for a while, arrive, he's so excited to be home, Lucy's just been fed, phone rings i take her so mommy can talk....she coos for awhile, then fusses a little, falls asleep in my arms and that's where i stay till she awakes....now it's mid afternoon and i'm just getting back home.....
babies are so distracting, i tell you, what's a grandma to do?

9 comments:

Phyllis said...

It's a tough job but somebody's gotta do it. Aren't they so sweet and yummy when they are so tiny. Love her lots and best wishes.


Grandma of 12

Patty ♣ said...

You just Can't let times like that go by! Memories are made of things like this!♥

Dorothy said...

and the time keeps disappearing. My 2 GD's are 7mths and 9mths old.
with the older crawling. Relish the sit down days.

kelley said...

Love your new Lucy and she looked so sweet in that hat yesterday...

my niece Jenn had her baby on the 13th...she's named Lucy too!

Mickaƫla said...

Very lovely hats !
Good day from France!

alltheseboys said...

Awww how cute! I saw a baby hat the other day that looked like a ...ok...excuse the french...a boobie!!! I was wondering what the Mama's at the hospital would think if we started giving THOSE out, hehe!! Katie

Mary said...

Well, since you asked.... That's exactly what a grandma's to do! I spend many hours having a baby sleep on me. Around here, we call it wearing the baby.

Thanks for the name of the book. I found a copy and it looks wonderful. Once the kids are old enough to realize something I made doesn't fit, they ask for another one. These are perfect!

Susan At Glen Oaks Primitives said...

I don't know how you drag yourself away to go back home!
Hugs,
Susan
p.s. the hats are ADORABLE

TheCrankyCrow said...

I think a grandma should do exactly that....Awww. And those hats are too stinking sweet! Makes me wanna have a little girl baby. Ok - maybe not yet..... Smiles & Hugs ! Robin