Thursday, September 27, 2012

Kate Adams

on Pintrest (i know you don't believe it!) again and came across a pin of a miniature quilt, that i did repin.....went on the site it came from originally http://www.kateadamsfineminiaturequilts.com and was amazed by all the tiny, tiny....i mean tiny pieces 1"=1' (1:12) scale, most blocks measure a mere 1/4" square, carefully adapted quilts from the 19th-early 20th century..... beautiful works of art......as i'm looking at all the photos of her miniature quilts, i come across this one red schoolhouse one......oh my gosh!!! i own that, walk by it everyday, have for seventeen years, i own an incredible Kate Adams Fine Miniature Quilt.....bought it obviously several years ago at a wholesale gift show that i attended when i owned my quilt shop, bought this one for me and two others that i gave as gifts to my employees.....it is called Traditional Schoolhouse, measures 8"x 8", each entire house block is only 2"...... amazing huh!!!




a couple other photos of her miniature works of art from the website.....




posted from Bloggeroid

4 comments:

Janet O. said...

And I thought I did little quilts. Wow!!

libbyquilter said...

mind numbingly small . . . and wonderful~!

:-)
libbyQ

Lesley said...

These are amazing...the schoolhouse quilt is my favorite!

Me and My Stitches said...

Love these! And you are so fortunate to get to look at one in person every day!