Saturday, June 8, 2013

day 8 ......

learning is a good thing ......
and i took my first real applique class last night at Grand Country Quilters and boy did i learn ...... those little irons cook!!! only burnt myself slightly once but i learned that lesson fast!
so i am quite pleased with my pieces, a bit primitive, especially my circle, but all and all totally satisfied ......
this is the pattern that we are doing in class Mrs. Lincoln's Sampler Quilt by Lori Smith ...... i hope to make a small nine patch of all applique blocks for my first attempt at this ...... do know my stitching of the applique pieces will remain true to my primitive style .....







posted from Bloggeroid

4 comments:

Valerie the Pumpkin Patch Quilter said...

Great job! I have always liked Lori Smith's patterns :)

WoolenSails said...

Beautiful pattern and beautiful pieces that you started.
I cannot do perfect, I would be horrible in a class, lol.

Debbie

belarmina said...

veo que fue divertido!!! y quedara muy bonito todo tu trabajo
saludos

Randy D. said...

WOW! For your first applique, you did great!! Now you'll have to do the medallion sew-a-long- that Lori and I have designed.