Friday, September 9, 2011

now feeding the food....



my neighbor, who also has chickens, has gotten me started on raising meal worms to feed the chickens....all greg has to say is "now we're feeding the feed"....
all you need is bran, a few beetles, carrots, apples & paper, they do all the rest themselves....beetles lay eggs (caught a couple snuggling this morning, too cute!), eggs hatch into worms, then pupas and back into meal worms....
gave the girls a cup full this morning so ExCitEd! for this treat....
i do enjoy my little farm....
have a wonderful day....

2 comments:

Taryn said...

I will have to trust you that the mean worms are cute. You must be a natural at farming.

TheCrankyCrow said...

Ummmmm....UGH!!! No way, no how you're gonna convince me a bug laying eggs is "CUTE!" You've gone too far! ;o) Smiles & Hugs anyway!! Robin